The Samsung Focus Super AMOLED Screen: Yea, it scratches.
And, there you have it – my beautiful Super AMOLED screen, with a tiny little scratch on it. Nothing to cry home about, but definitely noticeable to the trained eye. To be honest, it’s not a really big deal – and it’s not like I didn’t entirely expect it to happen – but it’s still a sad day when it does.
Anyway – I had the phone in my jacket pocket, and accidently put my keys in the same pocket as I went out one night. I didn’t really even notice the scratch at first – i thought maybe it was a oil/dirt smudge. But after trying to wipe it off with a microfiber cloth and some water, it eventually dawned on me. If I had to make a guess, I think the fact that my BlackBerry (a regular plastic screen!) and that superb glass screen on my iPhone made me a little careless.
Well, here’s a closeup:
The good news: the screen is still drop-dead sexy. The bad news? I’m a little afraid of my screen now. So what’s the best way to ease my fears? Buying a screen protector of course!
I bought a BoxWave screen protector for my BlackBerry a while back… but I was a little disappointed as it came off a little too easily. So after a bit of research, I decided to give the favourably-reviewed Clarivue a try. I ordered the Clarivue Anti-Glare Screen Protector for the Samsung Focus about a day ago – so I’ll be doing a quick review for it in the next week or two!
- Cyril on Camera Tip: Taking better photos with your new Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone
- jeanryl on Camera Tip: Taking better photos with your new Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone
- ABHAY TIWARY on Camera Tip: Taking better photos with your new Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone
- alan c on Quick Tip: Pandora now works on Windows Phone 7 Mango!
- Chanrith Peth on Camera Tip: Taking better photos with your new Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone